The Buffalo Branch of AAUW administers both interest-free loan and grant funds, providing additional financial support to college students in the Western New York area in the form of specialized loans, grants, or scholarships. These funds are obtained from proceeds from our Annual Book Sale and generous donors. The funds include several named awards. Applicants, women or men, must demonstrate superior academic achievement, have potential for achieving their academic and career goals, and, for some of the awards, show financial need.
Please also note that Buffalo AAUW board members are ineligible for any of our scholarships, grants, and loans. Children of board members are eligible for the various awards, but the parent must abstain from any discussion/voting on such an application. No one person shall be awarded more than one AAUW-Buffalo scholarship in one calendar year. Applicants who have not received AAUW-Buffalo scholarships in the past will receive priority in the selection process.
- Chamberlin Loan Fund & Funds for Education – applications always available, awarded twice per year.
- The following applications are revised annually and will be available by December, 2020.The 2019-20 deadline has passed.
- Women Entering College Scholarships (formerly known as the Velma Cobb Scholarships)
- Olga Lindberg Scholarships
- Catalyst for Change scholarships
- The Jacquie Walker Scholarship application (college women with emphasis on community service) is available now.
- In addition to the opportunities for students, we are now also offering mini-grants to public school teachers for projects in line with the mission of AAUW. These are funded by a bequest from a beloved member Clarine Radt. Click HERE for details and the application.
Buffalo AAUW Scholarship Program Overview: