Achievement Award Purpose:
To continue the tradition since 1940 for the Buffalo Branch of AAUW to select an outstanding woman or women of the Buffalo/Western New York area each year whose attainments, character, and achievement merit recognition and that dignify the position of women in the community.
Criteria for Award Winner Selection:
One or more women are to be chosen annually to receive the award in recognition of one or more of these criteria:
- efforts to advocate for activities and policies that advance education and equity for women and girls; OR
- efforts to shape the lives of the next generation of women and their families; OR
- efforts to improve the lives of women and their families; OR
- involvement in community service that has resulted in the well-being and advancement of the city and/or area; OR
- record of exemplary achievement in her profession or field of work.
These achievements must be beyond fulfilling basic employment commitments. The nominator should identify the nominee’s accomplishments in the above criteria.
The nomination form may be found HERE.